Candidates who want to build their careers in the government sector of Haryana state should have the complete knowledge about the HSSC CET Exam. Complete awareness about this exam is necessary because for applying into any government job of Haryana, candidates have to go through the HSSC CET. In order to know about this exam in detail, keep reading this blog.
What is HSSC CET or Haryana CET Exam?
Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC) organizes a state level Common Eligibility Test called (HSSC CET). This exam is a gateway to all the recruitment exams for the state of Haryana. This means, to become a police or to serve in any government sector of the Haryana state for group C and group D, every candidate has to give this HSSC CET Exam. Moreover, the candidates who qualify this test can appear in the mains exams of various posts for group C and D. So, now let’s understand about the exam pattern, syllabus and most effective tips to get success in this test.
HSSC CET Exam Pattern
The exam contains a total of 100 marks and every candidate has 1 hour 30 minutes to complete the test. Moreover, written exam will contains multiple-choice questions and no negative marking is there at the wrong answer. Furthermore, for Group D the level of questions will be based on the 10th class and for Group C the level of questions will be based on 12th or Graduation.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum marks|
|GK of Haryana||30||30|
HSSC CET Syllabus
In order to clear HSSC CET, candidates must have complete and deep understanding of the syllabus. Understanding of the syllabus is must as according to that one candidates can easily prepare accordingly. So, we have presented the detailed syllabus of Haryana CET.
General Awareness Syllabus of HSSC CET
- Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment and its relevance to the society.
- The questions will also be designed to test knowledge of the current events and of such matters of everyday observation as
may be expected of an examinee appearing for the test.
- The test will include topics related to India and neighboring countries.
- Moreover, the topics also includes History, Indian Polity & Constitution, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics.
- Additionally, topics like General Policy, National/International Organizations /Institutions, Environment, Globalization, Climate, Events, General Science, Computer literacy etc.
Reasoning Syllabus of HSSC CET
- The syllabus includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal types.
- Test may include questions on Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic operations
- Additionally Symbolic Number Analgoy
- Also includes Figural Analogy
- Space Orientation
- Then Semantic Classification
- Then Venn Diagrams
- Number Classification
- Drawing inferences
- Also includes Figural Classification
- Punched hole pattern- both folding and unfolding
- Semantic Series
- Both Figural Pattern folding and completion,
- Number series
- Embedded figures
- Figural series
- Both Critical thinking and Problem solving
- Then Emotional intelligence
- Arithmetical number series
- Then Arithmetical reasoning
- Word building
- Social intelligence
- Both Coding and decoding,
- Lastly, other sub-topics
Quantitative Ability Syllabus of HSSC CET
- Number System
- Then Fractions
- Relationship between numbers
- Both L.C.M. and H.C.F.
- Both Ratio and Proportion
- Both Profit and Loss
- Both Simple and Compound Interest
- Partnership business
- Both Mixture and Allegation
- Both Time and Work
- Both Time and Distance
- Both Tables and Graphs
- Basic Algebra
- At last Geometry etc.
English Language Syllabus of HSSC CET
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms/ Homonyms
- Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words
- Both Idioms and Phrases
- One word substitution
- Then Improvement of Sentences
- Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs
- Then Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze Passage
- Lastly, Comprehension Passage etc.
Hindi Language Syllabus of HSSC CET
- विकारी शब्द
- अविकारी शब्द
- पद बंध
- अनेकार्थी शब्द
- वाक्य शोधन
- विराम चिन्ह
- अनेक शब्दों के लिए एक शब्द
- एकार्थक शब्द
- युग्म शब्द
- विदेशी ध्वनियाँ
- क्रिया विशेषण
- समुच्य बोधक
- विस्मय बोधक
General Science Syllabus of HSSC CET
- Life Science
- Human Anatomy
- Also its Principles
- Scientific methodology Concepts
- Both Techniques and Physics
- Then Biology (Vitamins, Diseases, etc.)
- Plant Anatomy
- Both Earth and space sciences
- Both Technology and inventions, etc.
General Knowledge of Haryana State Syllabus of HSSC CET
- Also Economy
- Both Civics and Polity
- Both Art and Culture
- Then Customs
- Then Current Affairs
- Lastly, Events etc.
HSSC CET Exam Preparation Tips
To ascertain yourself for HSSC CET, candidates need to prepare an effective strategy to get success in the exam. If you intend to take the Haryana CET, the following preparatory advice will help you do well:
- The first step to excel in every exam is to Understand the both Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- Prepare a well structured plan.
- Then you need to choose suitable study material for your preparation.
- Execute your plan and be consistence with it.
- At last practice more and more and keep positive mindset.
How Useful HSSC CET Notes Are?
Some students can prepare for the exam from books only but some need extra study materials like notes or relatable PDFs. So, notes and other study material plays very important role in a students life specially those who are preparing for the Haryana CET. The quality of the notes, candidate’s study habits, and they use all the accessible resources are all important things need to be taken into consideration. Consequently, the exam notes will assists you in fast revision, will act as supplemental material. Moreover, it will also help you for your day to day revision and provides you more practice.
Haryana CET FAQs
Ans. HSSC CET stands for Haryana Staff Selection Commission Common Eligibility Test. Moreover, it is an examination conducted by the Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC) for recruitment to various Group C and D posts in Haryana government departments.
Ans. Eligibility criteria may vary for different posts. Generally, candidates who have completed their 10th, 12th, or possess a relevant diploma or degree are eligible to apply.
Ans. Candidates can apply for HSSC CET by visiting the official website of HSSC and following the instructions provided in the recruitment notification.
Ans. The exam pattern for HSSC CET may include subjects like General Awareness, Reasoning, Math, Science, English, Hindi, or other relevant subjects. However, the detailed exam pattern is given in this blog under Exam Pattern heading.
Ans. No, there is not a provision for negative marking in HSSC CET. However, it’s recommended to check the latest notification for any changes.
Ans. Generally, HSSC CET is meant for candidates who are residents of Haryana. However, in some cases, candidates from other states may also be eligible.
Ans. The validity of the HSSC CET score may vary depending on the specific recruitment cycle.
Ans. Admit cards for HSSC CET will become easily available to download on the official website when the conducting body release it few days before exam.
Ans. After qualifying in HSSC CET, candidates become eligible to apply for specific Group C and D posts advertised by HSSC. So, they need to check the official notifications for details regarding the application process for those positions.
Ans. Candidates can stay updated about HSSC CET notifications by regularly visiting the official website of HSSC. Additionally, they can keep an eye on reputable job portals and news sources for updates like Examcart blogs.