Mahrishi Balmiki Chhatervriti Yojana is an initiation taken by the Himachal Pradesh government to provide scholarship to encourage girl education. This scholarship scheme is controlled by Himachal Pradesh State Government in assistance with the Central Government. In this blog, we will understand about the Mahrishi Balmiki Chhatervriti Yojana in detail like who can apply for it, what is the procedure etc.
About the Mahrishi Balmiki Chhatervriti Yojana
Himachal Pradesh Government has started the Maharishi Balmiki Chatravriti Yojana for girl belonging to Balmiki family. This Scholarship supports their education to prevent the dropouts of girls from school or further studies. The selected Balmiki girls candidates will receive financial assistance for college-level studies and professional courses irrespective of the nature of institute i.e. private or government. The selected candidates will receive INR 9000 per annum but this was proposed to revised in the 2022-2023 budget for INR 18000 p.a.
Eligibility of Mahrishi Balmiki Chhatervriti Yojana
To get this Mahrishi Balmiki Chhatervriti Scheme, candidate must be-
Documents Required for Mahrishi Balmiki Chhatervriti Yojana
What is the Purpose of Mahrishi Balmiki Chhatervriti Yojana?
The main objective of the Maharishi Balmiki Scholarship Scheme 2023 is to provide financial assistance for education to the students of the Valmiki community in Himachal Pradesh. This scheme aims at ensuring that their education will not hindered by any obstacles. Through this scheme, no female student in Himachal Pradesh will be deprived of education. Additionally, the Maharishi Balmiki Scholarship Scheme 2023 will also contribute to the empowerment of women. Now, due to financial difficulties, no female student belonging to Balmiki familiy from Himachal Pradesh will be excluded from education.
What are the Benefits of Mahrishi Balmiki Chhatervriti Yojana?
Benefits of the Mahrishi Balmiki Chhatervriti Yojana are-
- The state government has initiated this scheme to provide financial assistance to the girls of Himachal Pradesh.
- Under this scheme, the Himachal Pradesh government will provide ₹9000 annually for the education of girls from the Valmiki community.
- To be eligible for the scholarship under the Maharishi Valmiki Scholarship Scheme, the student must have passed the matriculation exam and enrolled in college.
- Both government and private college girls students can apply for this scheme.
- Now, no female student from Himachal Pradesh will be deprived of education. This scheme will also contribute to the empowerment of women.
- This scheme will lead to the progress of the state and bring about improvements in the economic condition as well.
How Can We Apply for Mahrishi Balmiki Chhatervriti Yojana?
To apply for the Mahrishi Balmiki Chhatervriti Yojana, the eligible candidates can login to the National Scholarship Portal and can follow the steps given below-
- Go to the official portal and then Click on the ‘Apply Now’.
- Then click on the ‘Register’ button
- Now, fill in the required registration details
- or if you are a new user
- Then, navigate to ‘Applicant Corner’ and click on ‘New Registration’.
- After reading the details carefully, tick the checkbox and click on ‘Continue’
- Then, enter your mobile number and fill in the required details.
- Now, ‘Save & Register’ to complete the registration process.
- Later, click on the ‘Fresh Application’ tab and log in using the application ID and password
- Fill the required details, upload documents and submit the application.
Mahrishi Balmiki Chhatervriti Yojana FAQs
Ans. Students fulfilling the Scheme guidelines of are eligible to apply for these scholarships. These are available on the Home Page of the Portal.
Ans. Closure dates for acceptance of various scholarship applications are available in National Scholarships Portal.
Ans. Fields provided with red asterisk (*) mark are mandatory fields.
Ans. You should separately inform the mistakes detected by you to the Institute/District/Region/State. The software provides facility at the level of the Institute & State to edit & correct limited information.
Ans. The Maharishi Valmiki Chhatervriti Yojana is a government initiative which aims at providing financial assistance and support to individuals belonging to marginalized communities, particularly those associated with the Valmiki community.
Ans. The Maharishi Valmiki Chhatervriti Yojana may offer a range of benefits, including scholarships, financial aid for education, vocational training opportunities, and other forms of support aimed at enhancing the educational and economic prospects of beneficiaries.